Tutorial: Next Day Hair – Boho Pull Apart Braid CrownFor those of us with more than 5 hairs on our head, washing our hair daily can be a bit much not to mention its not even good for your hair or scalp. So what are some ways to extend the life of your shampoo? STYLING. Styling second (or third…or fourth) day hair is actually easier than the first day! Although you might wake up with some awful bed head and have to work to tame those cowlicks, the natural oils released from your scalp and life in general creates more texture, grit and life in your hair come day two.
A lot of the boho inspired hair styles are much easier to attain when the hair isn’t super slippery (AKA has some texture!). A few products are necessary to rework your locks into the boho beauty look that is SO EASY when your hair isn’t super clean. They can also be used to create texture in freshly washed hair! Here is a great example of a second day hair style! Boho pull-apart braid crown. Here’s what you’ll need:
Here are your fav new styling products!
- Aveda Texture Tonic is like a salt spray but better! Mist hair lightly all over and scrunch for some wave and texture or apply on wet hair after shower and air dry.
- Aveda Shampure DryShampoo is a powder dry shampoo that works insanely well to absorb excess oils – so that your hair looks like you washed it. Sprinkle it in your part and at the root to get rid of grease before you start styling. Added bonus – it creates amazing volume at the roots!
- Kevin Murphy Bedroom.Hair is the finishing touch to this beachy style. Mist hair all over to add shine and flexible hold to your style.
Okay, so now that you’ve got the products deets, lets get to the actualy style.
- Section hair from each side of your part to your ears using your fingertips
- Begin a reverse french braid (dutch braid) from your hairline outward
- Once you’ve gathered enough hair, detach and continue as a normal braid
4. Repeat on the other side for two braids
5. Pull and stretch the hair out from the braid to add thickness
6. Using a bobby pin, clip the braid in place around the back of your hair
7. Wrap the other braid around and secure using more bobby pins. Tuck the bottom of braid underneath hair. Spray with Bedroom.Hair!